Provide practical and organizational support to the director, actors, designers, stage crew and technicians throughout the workshop and performances of Extraction (July 2 to 22, 2012).
May lead to work in the production of Extraction (Feb.11 to March 10, 2013), and touring opportunities.
Some duties include:
- communicating the director’s wishes to designers and crafts people
- coordinating the work of the stage crew
- scheduling and running rehearsals
- calling cues and possibly actors’ entrances during performance
- overseeing the entire show each time it is performed
- mark out the dimensions of the set on the floor of the rehearsal hall
- make sure rehearsal props and furnishings are available for the actors
- attend all rehearsals
- notify the designers and crafts people of changes made in rehearsal
Several years SM experience in the professional theatre.
Experience in creation-based theatre processes and fluency in Mandarin would be assets but are not required.
The successful candidate will be available for all Extraction workshop rehearsals and performances – July 2-22, 2012.
Workshop equity rate.
How To Apply
Send a short letter of interest and resume or bio to email@example.com with the subject line “Extraction ASM.”